PEARLY
ADMIN & Fondatrice
ADMIN & Fondatrice

Féminin Messages : 24571

MessageSujet: SITE OFFICIEL FENDER / GRETSCH   Dim 6 Juin 2010 - 3:17

Site officiel Fender / Gretsch

[Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir ce lien]

"A good song is a good song, and if I'm lucky enough to write it, well....! I get more kick out of writing than I do singing. I reckon I've written a thousand songs and had over 300 published" - ♥ Hank Williams

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
PEARLY
ADMIN & Fondatrice
ADMIN & Fondatrice

Féminin Messages : 24571

MessageSujet: Re: SITE OFFICIEL FENDER / GRETSCH   Dim 6 Juin 2010 - 3:18

Gretsch 6120 Victory Guitar Honors Eighth Air Force Legacy

June 3, 2010

Fred Gretsch, president of Fred W. Gretsch Enterprises Ltd., recently visited a special Gretsch guitar at the Mighty Eighth Air Force Museum in Savannah, Ga. The museum, which is devoted to the history of the U.S. Eighth Air Force, is two blocks from Gretsch headquarters and counts Gretsch as a lifetime member and enthusiastic supporter.

While at the museum, Fred Gretsch made it a point to revisit a display with which he had significant personal involvement. At a musical instrument show in Nashville in 2004, he’d seen a highly unusual Gretsch 6120 guitar custom made by craftsman Chris Fleming and painted by noted California artist and World War II history buff Sara Ray. This distinctive instrument was named the Gretsch 6120 Victory Guitar, and as soon as Fred Gretsch saw it, he knew he had to bring it to Georgia for display in the Mighty Eighth Air Force Museum.

The 6120's shape reminded Ray of the bombers she’d become so familiar with from studying the history of the Eighth Air Force in World War II. She thought it looked “as though it should have wings on it” and was inspired to create a graphic work honoring those who served during the war. She chose the guitar as her canvas, saying, “The Gretsch gives my art a voice.”

The front of the guitar depicts an airborne eagle holding the shield of freedom, and a winged number eight that honors the unit’s numeric designation. The back depicts a B-17 Flying Fortress and a rivet gun-wielding pin-up girl who represents U.S. women who served during World War II. The guitar’s volume knobs are made from Air Force coat buttons donated by a friend of Ray who flew many missions during the war.

Fred Gretsch bought the guitar shortly after Ray finished it on June 6, 2004 — the 60th anniversary of D-Day. Later that year he donated it to the Mighty Eighth Air Force Museum, where it has been proudly displayed in the building’s rotunda ever since.

“I’m proud to have the Gretsch family name associated with such a beautiful tribute to those who served so valiantly in the Mighty Eighth Air Force,” Gretsch said.

Photo caption: Fred Gretsch (left) and Mighty Eighth Air Force Museum director Henry Skipper beside the Gretsch 6120 Victory Guitar display.

Richard Gretsch, 1908-2010

May 28, 2010

Gretsch Guitars is saddened to note the passing of Richard F. Gretsch Sr., last surviving grandson of Friedrich Gretsch, founder of the Gretsch company, and uncle of Fred Gretsch III, current president of Fred W. Gretsch Enterprises Ltd.

Richard Gretsch, 101, passed away May 22 in Connecticut.

Born June 14, 1908, in Brooklyn, N.Y., he was an industrialist who graduated from the University of Michigan as president of the engineering class of 1930 and earned a law degree from St John’s University School of law in New York. After a World War II stint in the Army Corps of Engineers, he joined the Connecticut utility company that later became the Connecticut Light & Power Company, from which he retired as a division manager in 1973.

Gretsch was actively involved in area development throughout his career, serving on several corporate boards and earning several awards in the Danbury, Conn., area, where he lived for many years.

His grandfather Friedrich emigrated to the United States from Germany in the late 1800s, founding a small musical instrument company in Brooklyn, N.Y., in 1883 that would evolve into one of the world’s preeminent manufacturers of guitars, drums and other musical instruments.

Services are scheduled for the first week of June in Danbury and Newtown, Conn.

"A good song is a good song, and if I'm lucky enough to write it, well....! I get more kick out of writing than I do singing. I reckon I've written a thousand songs and had over 300 published" - ♥ Hank Williams

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

SITE OFFICIEL FENDER / GRETSCH
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1